Saturday, September 8, 2012

DragonCon

I have been living in Atlanta for a few years now, but this year I went to DragonCon for the first time! Previous year different circumstances prevented me from doing so, and I am glad to say it was an amazing experience. I'm only posting about it now, as I enjoyed the week to digest the event.

I attended a lot of panels, mainly in the artist and the video gaming category. I got to meet various interesting people and had two amazing portfolio reviews, one by Andrew Silver, who is one of Riot's splash artists (and I will simply call him Jayce, as he was the model for that particular champion and everyone had a blast out of that), and Dan Dos Santos which is one of the most amazing fantasy oil painters around. Both offered me great, helpful critique.

I am sure no one is overly interested in my personal experience there, so I will directly jump into the pictures:


Riot's League of Legends cosplays


More League of Legends. Fiddlesticks! This guys was huge, he was walking on something to make himself bigger, it was impressive.


Alistair from DragonAge! This made me so happy! He's one of my favorite characters ever created, and touched me in a way few have. Also, his romance arc was very well written.
This was during a panel on sex in videogames, which had more to do with sexism in videogames than anything, and was held by the person who wrote Alistair's (amongst others) romance arc. It made me so very happy, as being a girl gamer, it's a subject which I'm inevitably affected by.


Various random cosplays:




 And some sketches from life drawing sessions at DragonCon:



The colored ones were made on my iPad using ProCreate. I'm a bit too slow with it compared to with a pencil, but being able to capture colors without having to set up and paint is invaluable.


It was amazing, and I really hope I will be able to attend again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment