Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dwarf Competition

I just had dental surgery on Friday, and am currently feeling light-headed because of my painkillers. First time I have been in any kind of surgery, and the anesthesia was a very interesting experience (in a good way).

Anyway, These are the thumbs and illustration of my first project for my advertising illustration class. It's a poster for an imaginary event taking place in a Dwarf city. The original idea was a Beard competition, but I ended up exploring different ideas:

I did a lot of thumbnails for this one (not all are here). I was happy with a lot of them, and the one with the red cross is the one that the teacher encouraged me to pursue. I must admit I wasn't too happy with it, I didn't like it much. But in the end I am glad I did use it, as I am really satisfied with the final result (which isn't all that common):


To anyone that is shaking their heads at it, I'm really sorry about the type. But really, I don't know much about type and the composition without it looks weird.

I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment